General Info and Policies
Cargo Operations Information
All cargo being shipped from Anchorage via PenAir must be delivered to the PenAir Cargo drop-off facility:
Anchorage Cargo Facility
6200 Boeing Avenue (far south end of the building)
Anchorage, AK 99502
Hours of Operation for Cargo & PenPak :
8 AM – 5 PM (Monday – Friday)
8 AM – 4 PM (Saturday)
Air Cargo: 907.771.2642
Air Cargo Fax: 907.771.2673
General Cargo Policies
- Priority rate is based on 160% of the General freight rate.
- Live animal shipments are based on 300% of General freight rates. Rates are based on actual weight. Rate are not based on dimensional sizing. Arrangements must be made at least 24 hours in advance. There is a limit of two animals per airplane.
- For hazardous materials there is a fee of $25.00. Up to 10 DGDs are allowed per airway bill (AWB).
- All shipments tendered to PenAir must be prepaid at time of delivery.
- There is no longer a C.O.D. service for freight shipments.
- Human remains are 200% of the General freight rate. Arrangements must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Flat rate for antlers from stations to/from Anchorage is $50.00 plus tax. Must be prepaid.
- The maximum dimension accepted for freight is 48″ in any direction.
- The maximum weight is 500 pounds.
- Some exceptions for dimension and weight apply. Contact PenAir cargo for more information.
- Declared value is:
- $1.00 per $100 declared.
- Maximum declared value for freight shipments is $25,000.
- Maximum declared value for PenPacks is $500.
Revised/Effective: January 2, 2018