Travel Insurance through Allianz Global Assistance provides travel protection that is a combination of travel insurance and 24-hour emergency assistance services designed to give you peace of mind when traveling either within the U.S. or aboard.
Whether you are flying halfway across the country or halfway around the world, Trip Insurance protects you against unforeseen circumstances that can disrupt your plans. The maximum amount of Trip Cancellation coverage is $10,000. The maximum amount of Trip Interruption coverage is $10,000.
Why do I need travel protection?
Travel protection lets you travel with a strong sense of security. Travel protection insures your financial investment (up to the amount of your policy limits) should your trip be cancelled or interrupted for a covered reason, and it guards your health in case of medical emergencies. Here are a few of the benefits you will enjoy:
- Actual coverage is determined by plan purchased.
- Reimbursement of the non-refunded portion of your travel investment if your trip is cancelled or interrupted for a covered reason.
- 24-hour access to emergency medical referrals and assistance.
- Reimbursement for unexpected travel expenses.
- Protection in case of medical emergencies.
- Arrangement of and payment for Emergency Medical Transportation.
Covered reasons for trip cancellation/interruption may include but are not limited to:
- Illness, injury and death of a covered family member or traveling companions.
- Jury duty, court order or subpoena requiring you to cancel your trip.
- Employer termination - if you or a traveling companion have been with the same employer for at least 3 continuous years, and are terminated through no fault of your own.
- Fire, flood, burglary, vandalism or natural disasters making your home uninhabitable.
- You or a traveling companion being directly involved in a traffic accident while directly enroute to departure.
Two Ways to Purchase Trip Insurance
1) If you have not yet purchased your ticket, select trip protection when you buy your ticket at penair.com.
2) If you already purchased your tickets and would like to add trip protection, visit Allianz Global Assistance.
Add Trip Protection
Satisfaction Guarantee: We will refund your insurance premium if you cancel your insurance within 10 days of purchase and have not filed a claim or departed on your trip.
Please refer to the Trip Insurance Details for coverage information and the limitations, conditions and exclusions that may apply.
Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakwood Terrace, Ill), rated “A-“ (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series or 52.401 series, or Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 101-C series or 101-P series, depending on the insured’s state. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company.
Please be advised: This optional coverage may duplicate coverage already provided by your personal auto insurance policy, homeowner's insurance policy, personal liability insurance policy or other source of coverage. This insurance is not required in connection with the insured's purchase of travel tickets. Plan may not be available in all jurisdictions.
California Residents: This plan contains disability insurance benefits or health insurance benefits, or both, that only apply during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that already provide you with these benefits. You should review your existing policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer or health plan. We are doing business in California as Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Agency, License # 0B01400.
Florida Residents: The benefits of the Policy providing your coverage are governed primarily by the law of a state other than Florida.
New York Residents: The licensed producer represents the insurer for purposes of the sale. Compensation paid to the producer may depend on the policy selected or the producer's expenses, volume of business or profitability. The purchaser may request and obtain information about the producer's compensation, except as otherwise provided by law.
Utah Residents: We are doing business in Utah as Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Agency.